Thursday 6 October 2016

Intro

On 3rd May 1954 (a few months before I was born), the cover on Life magazine promised "First Time in Color, Eight Pages of the World's Rarest Stamps". The article inside was entitled "Stamp Album Worth $1,000,000".

Google Books has a copy of the magazine here: the article begins on page 85.

I bought a copy on ebay for $9 and paid $22 to ship it to London. My intention is to list the stamps and compare today's prices to those of 1954.

With specific famous stamps, I look for the most recent sale (if any), otherwise my main source is the 2007 Scott Classic.

The order of posts may seem rather random, but I'm working my way gradually through the front page of the magazine and also through the stamps shown in the actual article.

The Navigation page might help and the Revaluation page shows the current score.

No comments:

Post a Comment